New SPICE toolkit N0067
NAIF release on January 3rd 2022 a new SPICE toolkit:
Here is a list of the main changes that could be useful for the
- Time System conversion with ISO-style format ie. with trailing
- New target separation (
trgsep), tangent point (
tangpt) and elevation/azimuth conversion (
- Get FOV Parameters Using Instrument Name (
- Complete header example kernels list
- CK and SPK buffer limits increase
- New spacecraft NAIF-ID:
MERCURY TRANSFER MODULE
MARTIAN MOONS EXPLORATION/
- 1: Is already implemented in the moon-coverage but it will simplify the code base to the
- 2: This new functions will be useful to fix #15 (closed) and improve the limb pointing coverage (#1 (closed)).
- 3: This could be used in
moon_coverage.spice.fov.SpiceFieldOfViewas a fall back if a string is provided directly.
- 4: This could be used to download Generic kernels to setup some of the unit tests.
- 5: Currently, this is not a real limitation for our usage but could be useful if we need to create many small ck file on-the-fly and load them in the pool when the pointing target request will be implemented.
- 6: This could be useful for Bepi/MMX analysis.
spiceypy first, to be available to the
A common effort is need to ensure that this migration can be performed as soon as possible.